Pages

Sunday 4 April 2010

Fools! I'll Destroy Them All.

So yeah, April Fools day was a couple of days ago. I thought about doing something to try and fool you guys but for one thing, I don't think enough people read this blog for anyone to notice on the day and also, I didn't think about it until the morning of the 1st of April so I would only have managed something a bit half arsed.

However! There is a grand tradition of Fools on the web. Every year, certain websites will do something to try and hornswoggle the general populace. I'm going to recap some of this year's good ones in case you missed 'em.

Unfortunately, I can't show you YouTube's 'videos as text' thing because they took it down as soon as AFD was over. Losers.

However, remember XKCD? Well, that looked a little different this year, converting the whole site into a command-line based interface. Check it: UniXKCD!

Sites like Firebox, IWOOT & ThinkGeek have a tendency to release fake products like IWOOT's Universal Bark Translator, their iPhone to iPad convertor, Firebox's Cavalcade of Whimsy, ThinkGeek's Canned Unicorn and (my personal favourite) Screaming Chef Knife!

There are more, a definitive list can be found HERE but those were my favourites!

No comments: