Pages

Monday 9 November 2009

Smart Casual.

Evening. The more observant of you may have noticed that I have a pretty ineffectual link to a site called Jay Is Games on this blog. Considering the only other sites that I permanently link to (that aren't blogs written by friends) are Dinosaur Comics and Charlie Brooker's article archive, this is high praise indeed.

The reason for this is because it is the best repository of online games to be found on the web. Simple. Every so often, they have a game design contest which offers cash prizes to aspiring casual game designers. The 6th of these contests has just ended, and it was my full intention to plink it and get you to vote. Sadly, I put it off one too many times and the contest is over.

However! This is OK, because the most deserving game won. Hooray! So although I may be late, I'm going to link to the entrants anyway. The theme this time was 'explore' and there are some real gems in there. Seek out 'Small Worlds', 'How My Grandfather Won The War' and 'Full Moon' and be glad that they were all given the recognition they deserve.

All the entries are Here, and the results are Here.

I'll try and be a bit more punctual with the next one!

No comments: