Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

The Fake Sound(s) Of Progress.

Evening.

We humans are a pretty sophisticated bunch. Some people dedicate their lives to working out how we tick. They study behaviour and stick electrodes into squishy pink brains. They probably do other stuff too but that's technical enough, right?

Anyway, we like to strut about this planet like we own the place. As if we are masters of all we survey. We have built incredible machines to perform menial tasks for us (by we, obviously I don't mean you & I. I mean clever people) and we perhaps not unreasonably regard ourselves as in control of the machines.

Turns out that the artificial bastards might be pulling one over on us.

Collected HERE is a list of 5 ways in which machines lie to us to make us feel better. The most unexpected one for me was the cash machine. I'll never look at one the same way again, and I suspect you won't either.

POST ENDS.
*whirr. clunk. beeeeeeeep*

No comments: